INDIECLUB Message Board Rules
INDIECLUB hosts a Message Board which allows interaction between INDIECLUB members. We do not control the messages or information delivered to our Message Board. It is a condition of your use of these boards and this web site that you follow the rules. If you break these rules, your Message Board thread will be deleted from the board, and you may receive a notification/warning or be banned from further INDIECLUB membership and participation.
- Do not interact in a rude, inappropriate, or threatening manner. Do not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Do not post or transmit any information that is considered fraudulent.
- Do not post audition notices, crew calls, advertisements, announcements, etc. The Message Board is NOT the appropriate place for audition notices, crew calls, classified ads, production announcements, screening announcements, workshop notices, etc. These things should be posted in the POSTING BOARD. If you post them in the Message Board, they will be deleted.
- Do not double-post. For example, do not post identical threads in both the filmmaking and acting categories. Pick the category that best fits your posting.
- Do not post messages that should be sent to site administrators. If you have a question or suggestion about Message Board and/or site policies, you may fill out our Online Contact Form. Do not use the Message Boards as a forum for posting messages that should be sent to site administrators. We welcome your feedback (both positive and negative), and we take your comments very seriously, even when we may not be able to make changes or additions that you recommend.
- Do not troll or spam. Do not use our Message Boards to troll on behalf of other web sites or discussion lists, or use INDIECLUB to "grow"/boost traffic to your site. Feel free to link to pertinent articles or sites elsewhere when it is relevant to the discussion, but do not spam the board. Do not post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising.
- Do not post information that violates others’ rights. Do not post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy.
- If a conversation spurs a new, unrelated conversation, please start a new thread. For example, if a thread is titled “How to Bring Out Emotion Through Composing,” and within that thread, somebody mentions that they moved to L.A. last year to take a composing course at UCLA… and somebody else asks that person what making the move was like… and then a new conversation begins about the pro’s and con’s of moving to L.A…. Well, in that case, please start a new thread titled “Moving to L.A. – Should I or Shouldn’t I?” or “Pro’s and Con’s of LA Move”
- Do not go off-topic into random ramblings or side conversations. The Filmmaking, Writing, and Acting boards are forums meant to discuss just those things. Often times, there will be an overlap in these topics (i.e. Filmmaking AND writing discussed in the same thread). Keep the conversation about the thread topic. When threads slide into irrelevant random ramblings, or when threads start to include personal side conversations about unrelated things, the thread stops being useful and starts being annoying. The Message Boards suffer (and thus, the members trying share and acquire knowledge and advice suffer). If you want to talk about what you ate for breakfast or Mt. Rainier’s potential for an eruption, do this in the Off-Topic board (aka Coffee House).
- Do not stick around our website if you hate it. Please do not reward our hard work with Message Board posts which impugn the integrity of the site owners, contributors, partners, reviewers, and moderators. We feel that we provide a valuable service. If you have grave enough doubts about our motives and underlying philosophy despite all that you have read and seen here, then it is unlikely you will be satisfied by what INDIECLUB offers, regardless of anything that we may say or do to try and convince you otherwise. You always have the right to cancel your membership and delete your profile.